Snow Crazy Chalet Cookery Courses
The Ultimate Chalet Host Cookery Course...
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RUNNING A SUCCESSFUL CHALET IN THE ALPS WITH STYLE AND THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF FUSS….!
At only £495 The Ultimate Chalet Host Cookery Course is THE LEADING COOKERY COURSE in the Alps to teach you everything you need to know about running a successful chalet with style and the minimum of fuss. The course is highly regarded by the leading tour operators as well as many independantly run chalet operators. Feedback from employers of previous students has been excellent with some saying our students have been the best chalet hosts ever! An information packed hands-on one week course combining practical skills with fun. We teach you...
Unlike other cookery courses with individual catering school style workstations, every day you prepare and cook breakfast, lunch (soups and kids meals), afternoon tea and a three course evening meal in a REAL CHALET KITCHEN and sit down to dine with your guests, just like you will in your chalet. This is truly THE MOST AUTHENTIC CHALET COOKERY COURSE available.
- ...recipes that are quick and easy to cook for large numbers, mouth-wateringly tasty, varied and nutritious
- ...using ingredients which will be available to you in winter in the alps
- ...using methods of cooking specific to altitude (do you know it takes to boil an egg at altitude?)
- ...dealing with special dietary requirements including 6 day vegetarian menu and wheat-free/dairy-free/vegan etc. recipes
- ...how to work efficiently on your own and as a team
- ...top tips on menu planning (you may have to present a weekly plan to your manager)
- ...shopping (you may be doing this yourself)
- ...managing your budget (you will be cooking on a very tight budget)
- ...portion control
- ...essential health and safety practises for maintaining a clean kitchen and keeping food safe
- ...tricks of the trade and how to maximise your ski time
- ...what its really like to be a chalet host
- ...how to keep your guests happy and increase your tips
- ...the other jobs you may be expected to do
- ...basic language skills useful for the job
- ...info about who´s recruiting staff and who to get in touch with
- ...based in a fantastic location in La Rosiere in the heart of the French Alps
- ...stay in our luxury chalet, Chalet Chantelauze with outdoor hot-tub
- ...taught by experienced and qualified tutors with seven years combined chalet hosting experience (including setting up their own chalet business) as well careers in catering and hospitality
- ...enjoy time off to sample the local activities including white-water rafting and paragliding (weather permitting)
Available on request
£495 per person excluding flights, insurance, outdoor activities and honesty bar drinks. Max 9 students per course. A non-refundable deposit of £100 per person is taken to secure your place with the final balance payable 10 weeks prior to the course starting. Price includes 6 1/2 days teaching, training materials including your own Snowcrazy ´bible´ (the manual, a workable 6 day menu plan you can use straight away in the alps and recipe catalogue), help and advice finding work in the Alps, all ingredients and equipment, all food (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner), wine and tea/coffee, luxury accommodation for 7 nights based on two sharing, linen and towels and a set time pick up and drop off to and from Geneva airport. You will also receive the Ultimate Chalet Host Cookery Course Certificate on completion of the course.
How to book
For more information or to book please call Mike or Laura on 01342 302 910 or email email@example.com